Wednesday, April 30, 2008

PINK FLOYD - London, England 1974

In lieu of my usual hoo-hah and wah-wah, allow me to simply pay tribute to the memory of the Father of LSD, Dr. Albert Hofmann, who embarked on The Ultimate Trip yesterday at age 102...

And, while I'm at it, I'll also nod in the direction of Mr. Roger Waters' recent, by all accounts triumphant appearance as the closing act at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival. The story of the flying pig is especially tasty.

There are many versions under many titles (Time in London, Brain Damage, Screaming Abdabs etc.) of this classic Floyd show from their tour in the winter of 1974. I have many versions, and though I can't pin down the title of this one, it is the best one I've heard.

It contains a complete performance of The Ultimate Acid Album (no title required), with an encore of "Echoes", and is a crystal-clear stereo FM broadcast recording. So trip on!

PINK FLOYD
Wembley Empire Pool - London, England - November 16, 1974 (FMB)
DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

ROCKNROLLPIMP said...

FUGGIN EXCELLENT

Jeff Haywood said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

fantastic. thank you very much.. bong

Anonymous said...

A really good Bootleg, many thanks for putting it up here, it is appreciated here in S Wales, UK :)
Cheers Rog