Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND - San Francisco, CA 1973

I'll be seeing the A-Bros. tonight at the gorgeous, glorious Greek Theatre for my first and most likely last time. Well, what's left of the Brothers, anyway -- I guess three outta six ain't bad, not after 40 years of road wear.

For those who can't be there, and those who will, here's an EPIC!!! face-melter of a New Year's show from way way way back in the day. Four solid discs of blooze-rawk power jammin', with guest shots by no less than the Dead's Jerry Garcia and Bill Kreutzmann, as well as that ol' smoothie Boz Scaggs.

You read that right: we're talkin' Brother Jerry on "Whipping Post"! (A very mellow, Coltrane-does- "My Favorite Things"-style "Whipping Post" jam, at that).

I tells ya, it's a monsta, this thing! Get some!

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND
The Cow Palace - San Francisco, CA
December 31, 1973 - January 1, 1974 (SBD)
DOWNLOAD 1 / DOWNLOAD 2 / DOWNLOAD 3 / DOWNLOAD 4

2 comments:

infinite fool said...

Awesome. I'm going to see these guys (or, rather, most of them, I guess) on Sunday. This'll be playing all the way ther. Thanks.

Heli0tr0pe said...

Cheers bro -- it was a great show down here! Have a good one!

best,
TSM