Thursday, October 23, 2008

ZZ TOP - Passaic, NJ 1980

Driving up north tomorrow for Saturday's 22nd Annual Bridge School Benefit Concert. Not too excited, I must say...ticket prices have doubled in the past few years, yet the lineup is absolute ass. Case in point: the only band I was really goosed to see was ZZ Top, who I only like okay, but who I've never seen before...and who cancelled. For no good reason.

So, oh well...bless Brother Neil for still doing it, and I guess a show's a show. But a six-hour drive is a six-hour drive...

Despite that, here's this. It's a "King Biscuit Flower Hour" broadcast, so 'nuff said. Except, be warned, there's no "La Grange". I guess they were sick of doing it even 28 years ago.

ZZ TOP "Fuego A El Paso"
Capitol Theatre - Passaic, NJ - June 15, 1980 (FMB)
DOWNLOAD 1 / DOWNLOAD 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks this should be cool.BLUES lives 4 EVER