Tuesday, August 25, 2009

GREEN DAY - Bridge School Benefit Concert, 1999

Tonight's show is Green Day at The Forum, first time I've seen them since the epic 1999 Halloween weekend up in Mountain View when my bros D.D. and G.G. and I attended both Bridge School Benefit concerts.

The '99 edition was only my second time at this wonderful annual event; I've been many times since, but Bridge XIII still stands as my favorite ever. Look at that year's lineup -- along with Green Day, we got Neil Young of course, plus Brian Wilson, The Who, Tom Waits, Lucinda Williams, Pearl Jam, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow, and Billy Corgan and James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins... inconceivable!

I remember the shows as if they were ten days ago, not almost ten years. I was excited, cold, high on weed and shrooms, fretting about dating some new chick and starting a new job...yeah, all told, closer to the best of times than the worst. Can't be too bad when you're at a show like this one.

So here's all 29 minutes of Green Day's terrific first set of the weekend; Green Day before they started reaching for Greatness, and were happy just to be good goofy fun.

GREEN DAY "Unplugged"
Bridge School Benefit Concert XIII
Shoreline Amphitheatre - Mountain View, CA - October 30, 1999 (SBD)
DOWNLOAD

PS -- Stay tuned; more on the way from Bridge School 1999...

No comments: