Wednesday, August 6, 2008

RADIOHEAD, THE RACONTEURS and WILCO at Lollapalooza - Chicago, IL 2008

Seems these were the three best sets at last weekend's event. They certainly would have been my top three to see, had I been anywhere near there. (Click on the poster above to see the rest.)

I've actually never been to any Lollapalooza anywhere, ever, which is exceedingly odd considering how many dag-blasted shows I've seen in my life. I did manage to catch good ol' Jane's Addiction at Madison Square Garden in spring 1991, just before the inaugural edition of Lollapalooza, but that's a whole 'nother gig.

The Radiohead performance here is a complete monster, a full 23 tunes, in tip-top audio quality. The version of "Nude" in particular is staggering. I think we can agree that Radiohead is, like, good.

All three shows were taken from XM Satellite Radio broadcasts. Dig 'em!

RADIOHEAD
Lollapalooza, Grant Park - Chicago, IL - August 1, 2008 (FMB)
DOWNLOAD

THE RACONTEURS
Lollapalooza, Grant Park - Chicago, IL - August 1, 2008 (FMB)
DOWNLOAD

WILCO
Lollapalooza, Grant Park - Chicago, IL - August 2, 2008 (FMB)
DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

William said...

Hi,
I was at these shows 10 years ago!!! If you ever get this message. Would there be any way to get these shows again?
Thanks and I hope you're doing fine.