Thursday, June 30, 2011

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND - Cleveland, OH 1978 (R.I.P. Clarence Clemons)

Oh, why not...since it's America's birthday weekend, how 'bout one last tribute to the Big Man and the Boss Man? And maybe even the best of the lot while we're at it?

Like oh so many Americans -- not to mention so many Springsteen song subjects -- I've been laid off. As of tomorrow evening I will be officially unemployed for the first time in seven years. The greed goes on, the country heads straight down the shitter, so let's all celebrate with beer, hot dogs, fireworks, and Transformers 3. Yippee!

Anyway, good times. I can't be sure when I'll be posting again; I have to get my own damn PC first...

Wish me luck if you please, Happy July 4th, and I'll be back!

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND
"Agora Night"
The Agora - Cleveland, OH - August 9, 1978
(FMB @320 kbps)
DOWNLOAD 1 / DOWNLOAD 2 / DOWNLOAD 3

Thanks once again to Addicted to Vinyl.

8 comments:

OleD said...

Good luck to you. I was out of work for 6 months before finding another job. Stay positive (easier said than done) and you will prevail. Thanks for the Bruce posting and best of everything to you!

DK said...

Thanks so much for these essential Springsteen live recordings. They are all amazing - some of the best. Good luck in the job search; I hope that it all goes well and you land back on your feet in no time. Kurt

La Piazza Gancio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heli0tr0pe said...

Thanks to you all, your kind comments mean a great deal to me. Much appreciated (including you, La Piazza!)

Cheers all,
back atcha in a month!

TSM

Don from Oregon said...

Hey
I cannot help but be affected by your troubles. I have so much trouble dealing with what we (the US) as well as the world is going through. I thought we had been cognizant of our "leaders". Boy did I get a wrong number. Hang in there, and if you need some donations, please let us know how to get them to you without posting our info on line.
Peace
Don from Oregon

Walter Dunlop said...

Really sorry to hear about the job. The very best of luck from the other side of the pond (Edinburgh, Scotland). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Thank you for all that you do here.

Heli0tr0pe said...

Thanks to you, to the both of you! Very kind words and always much appreciated!

Walter D. you rule. And Don From Oregon, your offer is by far the kindest I've ever received on this blog, and I am just so grateful.

Lucikly I got a bit of severance pay in my layoff -- I had been working for the biggest image company in the world, so I don't think they broke the bank -- meaning I should be OK for awhile. Since I only re-post links here (I leave the uploading to other bloggers; even though I am now jobless I still have the 11-month-old to look after, so blogging time necessarily suffers), I have never felt the need to put up a "Donate" button.

Anyway, thanks again for your kindness. It is very deeply felt and appreciated.

More tunes to come -- when I get a free minute...!

Cheers to all,
TSM

Anonymous said...

Ni sabe cantar ni toca bien la guitarra. No vale ni como aficionado. Al final al enano éste lo tuvieron que colocar un puñado de críticos interesados. Ahora sólo tiene una voz carrasposa y babeante. Es un pésimo y destestable producto USA. Que le paguen a este patriota sus lujos y actuaciones sus incondicionales fans, y si lo son que le compren los discos.